2017 was an action-packed year here at Weebly! We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to strengthen the foundational elements of the Weebly platform to set you up for success in 2018. This past year our community members have been our top priority. As a result, 3.8 million new websites were published, we expanded our community to 225 countries and territories and our support team helped our customers a notable 880,000 times.
On top of that, we rolled out some functional and incredible product improvements to help you do even more with your website or online store.
- Square Inventory Sync - The new inventory sync feature makes it easy to manage your offline and online inventory between systems, so you can keep track of your inventory. Square is available on all Paid Plans.
- Product Reviews - Build your store’s reputation and increase sales with automated product review requests. This feature makes it easy to generate reviews from your best customers and publish them on your website to gain trust. Available with the Business Plan and above.
- Sale Badge / Sale Banner - Use graphics and text to call shoppers' attention to product promotions. You can create a sale category on your store’s top nav or generate a sale badge for specific product images. Available for Starter Plan and above.
- Out of Stock Badge - Display "Currently out of Stock" messaging on product detail pages when inventory reaches zero. You can find this feature in Product Settings.
- Product Scarcity - If your inventory is running low you can set scarcity indicators for different products with low stock banner messaging.
- Apple and Android Pay - This feature allows compatible mobile devices to buy your products in just a few seconds, which is important because 50% of Weebly store sales happen on mobile!
- New Image Editor - Bring high-quality images to life on your site.New Image Editor - Bring high-quality images to life on your site.
- Instagram Email Element - Pull Instagram photos directly into your Weebly Promote emails and autolink them to your Instagram page.
- Giphy Integration - Search a library of GIFs and add them directly into Promote emails.
- Unsplash Integration - Access this stock image library in Promote with thousands of beautiful free photos for your emails, no attribution required.
- Gradient Background - Create your own gradient backgrounds directly in the Editor to add personality to your site. In the past you’d need to learn how to use design tools like Canva or Photoshop to create a gradient effect for your site.
We’ve also had some powerful app integrations in 2017:
- Printful - Custom printing and fulfillment services integrated directly with your Weebly store. Give Printful your designs and they will fulfill and ship your products when they’re sold on your website - Free.
- Eventbrite App - Display events and sell tickets directly from your website - Free.
- Live Chat with Bot - Get automated customer support with your very own chatbot that you can train to answer customer questions - Free to $12 per month.
- Countdown Cart - Countdown timer to create urgency for your deals. Drive customers' actions and urge them to buy before time runs out - Free.
- Blogonizer - Organize blog categories, archives and search in up to three tabs - $10.
Finally, we can’t forget about the meaningful brand partnerships we’ve had this past year. In 2017 we joined forces with MINDBODY, allowing MINDBODY subscribers to import retail products directly into their Weebly site to start selling online. We also partnered with WeWork to host live events for entrepreneurs, created online classes in collaboration with Brit+Co and rolled out integrations with Square, Google and more.
We always love to hear from you, so let us know what your favorite features or apps were in 2017 and what you’d like to see even more of in 2018. As we move into the new year, we hope to make your life easier by continuing to improve the eCommerce and website builder experience - so you can spend more time doing what you love.