Every website needs a logo. It's your first visual impression and the most common way that users can identify you, your products or services.
Why Your Logo is Important
According to Siegel + Gale, notable logos are 13 percent more likely to attract attention from customers, and 7 percent more likely to motivate customers to learn more about a business.
A logo is an essential part of any brand-building strategy. It will appear on everything from product labels to social media to a website design. It should include the company name and a bit of imagery that tells users what your business is about.
Finally, it should be easy to see and understand. A memorable logo is one that establishes a link between the user and your product or service.
5 Things Every Logo Needs
So how do you create a logo that represents your brand and will stand the test of time? Think about your business and business needs before you start the design process. Here are five elements to consider:
- A simple design. Use simple typography and imagery that includes your brand name.
- A shape that will work everywhere. Remember, social media profiles are often circular and the logo has to fit inside of a circle, while logos on a website can take on almost any shape you wish.
- Appealing colors. Use brand colors if you have them or pick a new palette with one or two color options if you do not.
- Typography that's easy to read. Legibility is key. You want every user to be able to figure out your brand name with ease.
- An image that represents your brand. Use a picture of a cupcake, if that's what you make. While it seems intuitive, too many businesses try to be overly clever with logo designs. Simple is the way to go.
Build a Logo in 4 Easy Steps
More than 25 million businesses have used the Logo Maker to help create a logo. You can browse designs created by designers and customize text, fonts and colors to really make it your own. If you don't know where to start, this is the perfect way to get a little logo inspiration. (Plus, the app is free to use; you only pay to download a logo that you love.)
Here's how you do it: Add the app to your Weebly account.
- From the Logo Maker app, select “Create a New Logo." You can enter your brand name and choose colors, imagery and fonts that you like.
- Logo Maker will give you a set of logo design options to choose from. Just pick the one you like most and download the included PNG file.
- Then add the new logo to your website through the Logo Maker app. You can make adjustments to the size and link. If you want to use the logo as part of an image, download the image and re-upload using the image editor.
Logo Maker comes with plenty of ideas, including thousands of professional high-quality logo options, so you can have a logo on your website today. Since the app is part of your Weebly account the logo design will show up instantly. It's free to try so give it a test and share your logos with us in the comments!